- Large open plan kitchen/dining room
- Potential for studio above garage (STPP)
- Large south facing rear gardens
- Arthur Mellows college catchment area
- Double garage
- CCTV Installed with recording system
- Period features
A beautiful 4 bed detached period grade 2 listed home in the sought after village of Northborough. A wealth of character & original features including exposed beams & large Inglenook fireplace with open plan kitchen/dining room. Large walled gardens & double garage with room to extend above (STPP)
Cromwell cottage is a delightful grade 2 listed period detached property set on a large plot in a great location on Church Street in Northborough. The property is entered through a hard wood door featuring stone surround into a spacious entrance hall with exposed stone, stairs to first floor and doors leading off to the sitting room and dining room. The sitting room is an extremely large room that is easily set into two separate areas with exposed beams to ceiling and exposed stone work inglenook fireplace with clear view wood burning stove and stone hearth.
French doors giving access to the garden and windows to both the front and rear.
The dining room sits at the front of the property with windows overlooking the front and side. With limestone tiled flooring, a large pantry cupboard, exposed beams to ceiling and open plan through to the kitchen. The kitchen is fitted with a range of bespoke base units, base and all units in oak with a contrasting island creating a mixture of granite and oak worktops. The kitchen also offers a range cooker and fitted appliances. There is also exposed stonework, limestone flooring and bi-fold doors giving access to the patio and garden. To the rear of the kitchen there is a rear lobby with doors to both sides giving access to the driveway and garden, a door to the downstairs shower room and well-appointed utility room. On the first floor, an L shaped landing with windows overlooking the rear garden gives access to 4 double bedrooms with the master bedroom having access to an en-suite shower room. There is also a good sized family bathroom.
Outside the property is approached via a hardstanding driveway between the property and the large front lawn. The driveway sweeps round to the front of the property into a further parking area with a detached double garage which has had planning permission to convert/build a first floor studio/annex.
The rear garden is set in 2 large areas with an enclosed walled garden with large patio area, shrubs and borders, lawn and the gates leading to the driveway and gardens beyond. This is a large garden mainly laid to lawn to the rear of the driveway with a variety of mature trees. At present the garden also offers a chicken house and a great storage area next to the garage.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Property Ref: 92042_HUC102890
5 Bedroom Detached House | £775,000
A spacious detached property in the sought after, Orton Northgate, extended and improved to a high standard, offering 5...
5 Bedroom Barn Conversion | £775,000
Unique characterful detached barn conversion in the sought-after location, Hanthorpe. Offering access to local schools,...
5 Bedroom Character Property | Guide Price £700,000
A period, Grade II listed former vicarage within the lovely village of Eye within easy reach of Peterborough and its man...
4 Bedroom Character Property | Guide Price £800,000
A beautiful Grade II Listed character cottage, set under a thatch, nestled within established grounds approaching 1/2 ac...